Thursday, May 01, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 1 - "Clothed with Power from on High"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit -- Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, yet Lover of my soul -- I worship You and welcome every dimension of Your Being into every dimension of my being.  ...

After Your resurrection, in an expression of the Trinity, three Persons of one God, You spoke to Your first disciples as Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior, calling them to wait for the promise of their heavenly Father, which was the outpouring of the power and presence of Your Holy Spirit into their hearts:  "Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and He said to them, 'Thus it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins is to be proclaimed in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And see, I am sending upon you what My Father promised; so stay here in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high" (Luke 24:45-49).

"While staying with them, He ordered them no to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father. 'This,' He said, 'is what you have heard from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit no many days from now" (Acts 1:4-5).

Lord Jesus, baptize me with Your Holy Spirit. Saturate me, immerse me, fill me to overflowing with Your abiding Presence and power of Your love. Just as John the Baptist prophesied of You as he fulfilled his forerunner calling as a voice of one crying in the wilderness, preparing the way of the Lord, "I baptize you with water for repentance, but One who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry His sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Matthew 3:11).

Come, Holy Spirit. Thank You, heavenly Father. Clothe me with power from on high. May "the Spirit of Christ," the Holy Spirit of the Living God fill me and consume me with a fiery passion, set ablaze with the power of the love of God to be a witness of Jesus Christ in my world today (Romans 8:9-11). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be clothed with power from on High today, baptized afresh in the Holy Spirit of the Living God, embraced by your Father's love, and sent forth as a passionate witness of Jesus Christ. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'm excited that tonight we will celebrate the graduation of another class of about 60 students from our Level 2 School of Ministry from Rapha God Ministries. By the grace of God, we're seeing to do our part to help equip the army of the Lord in the prayer ministry of healing and deliverance. And I'm exciting to be going with a team to do the same in Uganda in a couple of weeks. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue