Friday, May 23, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 23 - As He is, So are We to Be

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Change me from the inside out to be more like You each day.  ...

"Love has been perfected among us in this:  that we may have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17).

Lord Jesus, let the truth of this word sink deeply into my soul. As You are, so are we to be in this world. Help me embrace this word on the most personal and intimate level:  As You are, so am I to be in this world.

Give me eyes to see what it would look like to be like Jesus as I go through the moments of my day. When I'm confronted with the challenges of my circumstances, the needs of people, the questions of injustice, the spiritual forces of wickedness, the self-righteousness of the arrogant or the rudeness of the indifferent, show me Your heart, give my Your words, and let my actions be in alignment with Your nature.

I could never even begin to do this in my power or my nature. Apart from You, I can do nothing (John 15:5). So my part is to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone, with true humility of heart and trusting faith, abiding in You as You abide in me (John 15:4). "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6). "For in (You) we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will fill you with the Father's heart and the mind of Christ today, that you would be empowered by God to be like Jesus throughout the moments of your day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue