Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Morning by Morning, May 7 - Focus on Following Jesus

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today.  ...

"Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them.... When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, 'Lord, what about him?' Jesus said to him, 'If it is My will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow Me!' " (John 21:20-22)

You loved Peter and You loved John, just as You love every soul created in the image of God. Both would follow You, both would live the rest of their lives for You. According to the legends of their lives, Peter would die hanging upside-down on a cross and John would be exiled on an island alone, but both would hold fast to their faith to the end. Peter would share his with the first Gentiles who would receive the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:44). And John would share his with the generations to come through writing of his encounter with You reveling the end times of the earth (Revelation 1:1).

Both Peter and John would love You and follow You in their own way by the leading of Your same Spirit. And You made it clear from the beginning that one was not to compare himself with the other. Each was to focus on following You.

Lord, free me to focus on following You. Free me from comparing myself to any of Your other disciples. Free me from jealousies, insecurities, and pride. Free me to be who You created me to be and to follow You wherever You are leading me. Give me a heart that celebrates all You're doing through Your other disciples, a heart that's inspired and encouraged by the journeys of others, but also a heart that is passionate to find my own path and content to follow You in the unique way You've called me.

Let me live out no one's destiny but my own. And when it's all been said and done, let me hear Your voice speaking to my spirit, "Well done, My good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:21). As Your Word says, "Pay careful attention to your own work for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct" (Galatians 6:4-5, NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit would lift your eyes fill your heart to follow Jesus in the unique way He has called you alone. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, our team is preparing to travel to Uganda on Saturday for a week of ministry, partnering with our friends at New Life Endowment Ministries. I'll be teaching on inner healing prayer ministry at the Pastors and Leaders Conference during the days with evangelistic meetings in the evenings. Our team will also be leading a Women's Conference in the evenings and we will also be sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ at an orphanage and schools. Please keep us in your prayers!

I'm excited to be preaching with Max Lucado again this month at the 1st Wednesday Healing & Prayer Service at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio on May 7th. Please join us in prayer and by Live-stream at 7pm Central Time
God bless you and thank you for joining with me in this journey of prayer!  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue