Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 2 - Words of Spirit and Life

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I start my day, I start by seeking You first in the intimacy of prayer.  ...

" 'And the Father who sent Me has Himself testified on My behalf. You have never heard His voice or seen His form, and you do not have His word abiding in you, because you do not believe Him whom He has sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on My behalf. Yet you refuse to come to Me to have life' " (John 5:37-39).

I thank You, Lord, for Your Scriptures, the Word of God for the people of God. Every word is true and can be trusted. "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Yet, even the Pharisees had the Scriptures. It seems they sought to honor them and maybe even worshipped them and idolized them. And even though they knew the Word of God very well, they didn't know You at all. So the Word of God was not abiding in them. "For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" (2 Corinthians 3:6).

Lord, let Your Word come to life in me every day as I abide in You. Let Your written Word lead me to an intimate and personal relationship with the Living Word (John 1:14). All the law and the prophets, all of Scripture, points to You (Luke 24:27). Every Scripture is ultimately fulfilled in You, as all of the Word of God testifies of the One who is the Word of God (Matthew 5:17).

I thank You for the Scriptures; I love the Scriptures, but I don't worship the Scriptures. That would just be another form of religious idolatry. I worship You alone, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And as I worship You with Your Spirit abiding in me, Your Scriptures come alive to me and lead me closer to You. Your words "are spirit and life" (John 6:63). And by Your grace, I'm "holding fast to the Word of Life" (Philippians 2:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may God's words of spirit and life come alive in you each day in your intimate and personal relationship with Jesus. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

To order my 365 Day Devotional Book, 
Morning by Morning
or my book on Healing Prayer Ministry, 
Free to Be Like Jesus,


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue