Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 9 - "Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is above every name. So I speak out Your name and lift up my heart to You today in these first moments of my morning. As I seek Your face and listen for Your voice by the leading of Your Spirit, show me how to pray.  ...

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:  'May they prosper who love you. Peace within your walls, and security with your towers.' For the sake of my relatives and friends I will say, 'Peace be with you.' For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your good" (Psalm 122:6-9).

They say hundreds of rockets rained down on the cities of Israel last night. Lord, I pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I pray for the peace of Israel and Gaza. I pray for the peace of all who live under the daily threat of terror, racism, and hatred. And I pray in Your name, according to Your will, for You are the Messiah and Savior of all, the One "named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6).

Yet, I don't pray for the world's form of peace. As You said to Your first disciples, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives" (John 14:27).

Your peace is not appeasement. Your peace is not complacency and tolerance of terror and evil. Your peace comes with the courage to stand in the strength of the Lord and the will of God for what is right and true. In this way You said, "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34). Your sword is "the truth of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:7). And Your sword comes forth from Your mouth as You lead "the armies of heaven" as "King of kings and Lord of lords" in the triumph of Your victory "to strike down the nations" who practice the evil of wickedness and terror (Revelation 19:11-16).

So I pray for peace -- Your peace -- in the Middle East and in the middle of my heart. Let the sword of Your word pierce my heart and the hearts of all who are called by Your name to take our stand on our knees in prayer for the peace of Jerusalem and all the people of this troubled land so near to Your heart (Psalm 135:21). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will show you how to pray for the people of Israel and Gaza and all the earth in these troubling days. Through it all, may the peace of Christ rule in your heart through faith. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!