Thursday, August 14, 2014

Morning by Morning, August 14 - Our Rock and Refuge

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, You are One and I worship You my God in every dimension of Your Being from every dimension of my being.   ...

"David spoke to the Lord the words of this song on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said:  The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; You save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies..." (2 Samuel 22:1-4).

When we hear the news of the Yazidi people in Iraq driven from their homes and chased up a mountain to escape with their lives, now surrounded by their enemies, my heart cries out to You, O Lord, for Your deliverance. When I hear of the terror raining down on Israel, the riots and mayhem in St. Louis, the rumors of war in Ukraine, the Ebola plague in Africa, suicide and depression, my heart cries out to You, O Lord, for Your deliverance.

You are our only Rock and Refuge, our only Fortress and Shield, our only Savior and Deliverer, no matter what forces of evil we face, injustices we endure, and challenges we overcome. "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Jesus, would You come to our rescue. Jesus would You step into the midst of the darkness of our broken and fallen world in the glory of the light of Your Presence. Jesus, would You stretch out Your hands through our prayers, speak out through our voices, reach out through our actions, as the Body of Christ in the Spirit of Christ through the trials and tribulations of these days (1 Corinthians 12:27).

By Your grace, we will not give in and we will not give up, no matter what comes. Your Word encourages us to have hope and trust through every dark day:  "Arise, shine; for your Light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and His glory will appear over you" (Isaiah 60:1-2). Lord, let it be so in us and let is be so in the midst of all the tumult and terror in our world today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I stand with you in prayer for courage, hope, and faith in the midst of every dark day in the world and in your life. May you never give in and never give up, but call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, your Rock and Refuge, your Fortress and Shield, you Savior and Deliverer, and see the salvation of God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue