Friday, August 22, 2014

Morning by Morning, August 22 - Lose it All to Have All that Matters

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord -- Here's my heart, my hands, my feet, my words, my prayers, all that I am and all that I have -- Here I am. I am Yours.  ...

"Then He said to the them all, 'If any want to become My followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for My sake will save it. What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves? Those who are ashamed of Me and My words, of the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. But truly I tell, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God' " (Luke 9:23-27).

One day You'll come in Your glory in the skies, but every day between now and then I want You to come in glory in my heart. One day I'll see the kingdom of God in the glory of heaven, but every day between now and then I want to see Your kingdom come and Your will to be done here in me.

So teach me how to lose my life for Your sake. Teach me how to take up my cross and die to myself every day so I can live for Your sake every day. Free me to be willing to lose it all so that I can truly have all that really matters.

Forgive me for any moment I've acted as if I were ashamed of You by actions or by my lack of action, and free me to fully honor You as a faithful follower. "For I am not ashamed of the gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith" (Romans 1:16).

Some want to gain the whole world and do all they can to be honored and accepted by this world. But I ask You to be at work in me to "seek first the kingdom of God and (Your) righteousness, and (then) all these things shall be added unto (me)," all in Your time, all in Your way (Matthew 6:33). By the mercy of Your grace, entrusting my life to Your will with Your Spirit in my heart, I've gained eternal life, now in this age and in the age to come, through the love of the One who holds the whole world in His hands. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will keep moving in your heart to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, losing your life for the sake of Christ every day, so that you will always fully embrace all that really matters. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue