Friday, August 29, 2014

Morning by Morning, August 29 - Child of the One True King

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear Your heart as I watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit in our morning communion of prayer.  ...

"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children. And because (we) are children, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!' So (we) are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God" (Galatians 4:4-7).

Abba! Father! I cry out to You from my heart as a child of God, an heir of God their Jesus Christ my Lord. I cry out to You because Your Spirit moves in me to lift up my eyes to You, to open up my heart to You. And You lift me up into the heavenly realms of Your truth and Your Presence, where I know that I am in Christ and Christ is me, where I'm seated far above everything that would try to steal my sense of identity and destiny, my hope and faith, my peace and joy, at the very right hand of God my Father.

"But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which He loved us even when we were dead though our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace (we) have been saved--and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-7).

As Matthew West sings, "I'm a child of the one true King." Through the blood of Jesus, I'm forgiven and free. By the ever-abiding Presence of the Holy Spirit, I'm filled the assurance my salvation and my identity as a beloved child of God, created to live out my life now and forever in the intimate, personal relationship with the One who created me and loves me as a son of God. I'm a son, not a slave; I'm a friend of God, not merely a servant (John 15:15).

Empower me to know my identity and live out my destiny today, rejecting every false identity the world, the flesh, and the devil would try to offer me. Today and everyday, I'm a child of the one true King. Lord Jesus, You are the "King of kings and Lord of lords" (Revelation 19:16). You are my King and Lord. And I welcome You as "the King of glory" to come in to my heart today and every day (Psalm 24:7). In Jesus' name I pray.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  with the ever-abiding Presence of God's Holy Spirit abiding in your heart, crying out Abba! Father! may you always know in your heart your content identity as a child of the one true King. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

 
Friends, please come join us Friday Night, August 29 in San Antonio for a Worship Event with Matthew West, who wrote the powerful songs on Forgiveness and our Identity as Children of the One True King.I'm excited that my ministry partner Tammy Watts and I will also be speaking on forgiveness and then leading a time of prayer ministry after Matthew West leads us in worship. Our Rapha God Ministries teams and the Oak Hills Church teams will then be offering personal prayer ministry in English and Spanish. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to move powerfully in our hearts and come join us if you can!

For those who can't join us in person in San Antonio, there will be a live-stream that begins at 7pm Central Time tonight: http://oakhillschurch.com/live-stream


 

Matthew West | Worship Event | Aug. 29

What are you facing right now that has been hard for you to overcome? Is there somebody in your life who has wronged you? Do you sometimes feel like life isn't anything like you hoped? There are times when some situations or maybe even some relationships feel impossible to get beyond. Forgiving isn't always easy. But through God, you can overcome the impossible.
If you want to know how you can overcome the impossible, we invite you to join Mathew West for an evening of worship, teaching, and prayer as he shares what God has shown him about overcoming the impossible. This is a powerful opportunity to find the peace and freedom that God offers to each of us.
DATE:
 Friday | August 29

TIME:
 7-9 pm | Doors open at 6:30 pm

LOCATION: Crownridge Worship Center

COST: Free and Open to the Public
Spanish Translation Available


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue