Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 10 - The Pursuit of Kindness

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is above every name. So I speak out Your name as I bow my knees and confess these words that Jesus Christ is Lord. Be Lord of my heart and every moment of my day.  ...

"Therefore you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things. You say, 'We know that God's judgment on those who do such things is in accordance with truth.' Do you imagine, whoever you are, that when you judge those who do such things and yet do them yourself, you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you despise the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience? Do you not realize that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?" (Romans 2:1-4).

Lord, it's Your kindness that leads to repentance -- not judgment, not argument, not threats of wrath, not manipulation, control, shame or fear. Kindness leads to repentance. "Love is patient; love is kind..." (1 Corinthians 13:4). And You are the greatest expression of love; You are the greatest expression of kindness (1 John 4:8).

So when I'm tempted to judge, let me look at my own heart first. When I'm tempted to condemn, let me turn to the One who does not condemn (John 3:17).

We are to pursue righteousness, but at the same time, we are to be just as passionate in our pursuit of kindness. "Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life and honor" (Proverbs 21:21).

Holy Spirit of the Living God, would You come develop a passion in me for the pursuit of righteousness and the pursuit of kindness (Galatians 5:22). It's the experience of the kindness of God that leads me to repentance; let it be Your kindness in me that leads those around me, especially those I'm tempted to judge, in repentance to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will continue to awaken a passion for the pursuit of kindness in you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'll be in the mountains for the rest of this week and unable to send out my daily prayers. I'm excited to be speaking at the Men's Retreat at Living Waters in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Brevard, North Carolina. I've had the honor and joy of ministering to the men there for several years now, where I'm always deeply moved by this powerful ministry that makes all their retreats and youth camps available to all free of charge. Then I'll be preaching at Joy Outreach Fellowship in Brevard on Sunday morning. Please keep us in prayer for another outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I pray the same for you!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue