Thursday, September 18, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 18 - One

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look at Your hands and Your feet and give You my heart. ...

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as (we) were called to the one hope of (our) calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all" (Ephesians 4:4-6).

O Lord, my God, You are One and You are holy. And as the One who created us, You are always calling us to acknowledge You as the One Thing explains our lives and unites our hearts with Yours.

"Hear, O Israel:  The Lord our God, the Lord is One! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates" (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).

From the beginning, You've always invited us honor You as the only One at the center of our lives, with on one before You and no one in Your place (Exodus 20:3). And at the same time, You invite each of us into oneness with You: 

"I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me though their word, that they may all be one. As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me" (John 17:20-23).

Lord, You are the One I worship and the One at the center of my life. Thank You for Your desire and Your gift to make me one with You and one with Your body this day and every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you experience the gift and grace of the One who longs to be at the center of Your life and make you one with Him, this day and every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue