Friday, September 19, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 19 - Humility to Hear God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Thou my Vision and I with Thee one. ...

"Now the man Moses was very humble, more so than anyone else on the face of the earth. Suddenly the Lord said to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam, 'Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.' So the three of them came out. Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud, and stood at the entrance of the tent, and called Aaron and Miriam; and they both came forward. And He said, 'Hear My words:  When there are prophets among you, I the Lord make Myself known to them in visions; I speak to them in dreams. Not so with My servant Moses; He is entrusted with all My house. With him I speak face to face -- clearly, not in riddles; and he beholds the form of the Lord' " (Numbers 12:3-8).

Moses heard what You were saying and saw what You were doing; he spoke with You face to face. Moses had the humility to hear God. By the power of the grace of God, he learned the practice of humility -- to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone.

Lord, help me grow in humility. To grow in spiritual maturity is to seek a heart of humility. And the heart of humility is to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. It's Your grace that invites me to desire this and it's Your grace that empowers me to live this.

Humility frees us from the hindrances that keep us from hearing Your voice and knowing Your heart. Humility opens the eyes of our heart so we can see You face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12). And humility is the character of Christ:  "Let the same mind be in (us) that was in Christ Jesus, who ... humbled Himself ... Therefore God also highly exalted Him and gave Him the name that is above every name..." (Philippians 2:5-9).

As we humble ourselves in Your sight, You lift us up into the intimacy of Your Presence (James 4:10). So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I seek to humble my heart before You today.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will stir up in you the desire the the power to live a life of humility before God -- to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon God alone. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue