Thursday, September 25, 2014

Morning by Morning, September 25 - New Beginnings ofRosh Hashanah

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to begin my day in worship and prayer with You, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...

"The Lord spoke to Moses, saying:  Speak to the people of the Israel, saying:  In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe a day of complete rest, a holy convocation commemorated with trumpet blasts. You shall not work at your occupations; and you shall present the Lord's offering by fire" (Leviticus 23:21).

Around the world the Jewish people are celebrating Rosh Hashanah, the Head of the Year. Just as at creation, it's a time of joy for new beginnings. With shofars raised and trumpet blasts, the sound of thanksgiving and praise to God goes forth in the spiritual realm.

And as Jesus Christ, the Messiah of Israel and the Savior of all, every Jewish feast, along with all the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms is ultimately fulfilled in You (Luke 24:44-49). You are the Source of all creation, the Source of all new beginning, and the Source of all true celebration, thanksgiving, and praise (Colossians 1:16).

In this season of the ten days before the high holy day of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, the Jewish people also preparing their hearts to be cleansed by the blood of the lamb offered in sacrifice (Leviticus 23:26). And You, of course, are the ultimate fulfillment of that feast and Scripture as well (John 1:29).

Jesus Messiah, Lord of All, cleanse me by Your blood of all my sins of the past. Purify me in Your holy fire as I offer my life to you afresh today as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). Let the shofars sound in the heavenly realms and my voice of thanksgiving and praise be lifted high to You for all Your steadfast love and tender mercies that are new to me every morning. You be the Head of my year and the Source of my celebration. I'm excited for new beginnings this year and every day in Christ. I pray the same for all You put their hope and trust in You alone. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray for new beginnings of great joy and blessing for you this year and every day through Jesus our Messiah and Lord of all. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please keep us in prayer this week for our Level 1 School of Ministry this Thursday through Saturday, helping equip the Body of Christ for the ministry of inner healing and deliverance -- "healing from the inside out." We're excited to have a full class again at Rapha God Ministries, being hosted at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue