Friday, October 24, 2014

Morning by Morning, October 24 - "Overcome Evil with Good"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Just as I am, I come to You and embrace Your grace for my life today.  ...

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.... Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:17-21).

Lord, keep me grounded in good. Though "the days are evil," let my days be filled with the goodness of God flowing out of my heart because Your Spirit abides in me (Ephesians 5:16-20).

Show me when to speak up and show me when to be silent. Show me when to stand boldly before man and when to bow low before God. Show me when to give generously and when to save wisely. Show me when to speak the truth in love and when to love without speaking at all.

O Lord, You know. And I don't. Apart from You I don't even know how to pray as I ought (Romans 8:26). But I praise You that I never have to be apart from You (Matthew 28:20). So keep abiding in me as I abide in You (John 15:5). Keep filling me with Your Spirit and leading me to choose good over evil, humility over pride, courage over fear, faith over doubt, truth over lies, life over death, blessings over curses, heaven over hell, and Jesus over all (Philippians 2:9-11). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be filled with the Spirit and may the goodness of God flow out of your heart today everywhere you go. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!