Monday, October 06, 2014

Morning by Morning, October 6 - Outstretched Hands, Arms Open Wide

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice, as I start my day embracing Your Presence in the communion of prayer.  ...

"I was ready to be sought out by those who did not ask, to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am,' to a nation that did not call on My name. I held out My hands all day long..." (Isaiah 65:1-2).
Lord, You held out Your hands on the cross for me and every day You hold out Your hands in love for me. You're always ready to be sought out, to be pursued, to be embraced in the intimacy of worship and the communion of prayer.

Forgive me when I've not asked for You and not pursued You. Forgive me when I've left You hanging with arms stretched out wide in unfailing love for me and I didn't take the time to love You back. Forgive me and my nation, forgive me and Your church when we've forgotten our way and spurned our first love (Revelation 2:4).

Yet thank You for Your mercies that are new every morning, you're your love never ceases (Lamentations 3:22-23). Thank You that You are faithful even when we are faithless (2 Timothy 2:13). Like the father who longed for the return of his son, You're always ready to be sought out and read to be found whenever we remember You're waiting for us with arms open wide (Luke 15:20).

Like Your mercies, the promise of Your Presence never comes to and end. And throughout the moments of our days, You continue to invite us to come into Your embrace through worship and prayer:  "So I say to you, Ask, and it be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened" (Luke 11:9-10).

So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to ask and seek and knock. I choose to pursue You and embrace You. I choose to not forget my first love, always expressed to me with Your hands stretched out and Your arms open wide. Thank You, Jesus. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you ask and seek and knock today, embracing the One who loves you so with outstretched hands and arms open wide. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue