Thursday, October 09, 2014

Morning by Morning, October 9 - True Heart, Forgiven and Free

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my heart Your words of spirit and life.  ...

"And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us, for after saying, 'This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord:  I will put My laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds,' He also adds, 'I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.' Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin" (Hebrews 10:15-18).

Thank You, Lord, that these are the days You have forgiven me of my sins "by the blood of Jesus" (v. 10:19). These are the days You've put Your ways in my heart and You've written Your will on my mind. This is "the new and living way" You set before me each day to embrace by the power of Your grace and live in newness of life (v. 10:20).

Because of all You've done for me, all out of Your love for me, I can live this day "with a true heart in full assurance of faith" (v. 10:22). And I can "hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who has promised is faithful" (v. 10:23).

To reject all You've done for me and continue to do for me, to choose to live under the shadow of my past failures and regrets instead of the freedom of Your forgiveness would be the worst sin of all and an arrogant affront to the power of the cross. Breaking Your heart, I would be one of "those who have spurned the Son of God, profaned the blood of the covenant by which (we) were sanctified, and outraged the Spirit of grace" (v. 10:29).

So I will not reject Your gift of grace. I will not condemn myself as if the blood of Jesus were not powerful enough to cleanse every one of my sins and regrets. Instead I will hold fast to the confession of my hope in the power of Your grace:  "If we confess our sins, He who is faithful and just will forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). By the power of Your grace, I will live this day in the freedom of Your forgiveness, cleansed by the blood of Jesus from all unrighteousness, secure in my identity as the child of God that I am. This is a true heart, living in full assurance of faith. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will live this day in the fullness and freedom of God's forgiveness, with a true heart wholly given to Him, cleansed by His blood and filled with His Spirit. 
Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, please keep us in prayer for another powerful night of teaching and equipping tonight at our Level 2 School of Ministry at Rapha God Ministries being hosted at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!