Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Morning by Morning, November 26 - Honoring Margaret Therkelsen

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let this day be all for You.  ...

"I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that lived first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, lives in you" (2 Timothy 1).

Thank You, Lord for the spiritual mothers and fathers in the faith, the spiritual teachers and mentors You use to change our lives along our journey. Margaret Therkelsen was one of those spiritual mothers, one of those spiritual giants, for me. Together with those who deeply loved her and were deeply loved by her, we celebrated her life and her unspeakable impact upon our lives, entrusting her forever into Your eternal embrace. We'll always love her, because You loved us through her.

She was an accomplished pianist, powerful preacher, anointed teacher, spiritual director, and prayer warrior. Probably her most profound impact upon my life was through the weekly prayer group she led for over thirty-five years from the heart of the city in Lexington, Kentucky. I was honored and blessed to be a part of those vibrant, tender, mountain-moving, hell-shaking, passionately powerful times of prayer in the Presence of God through the years of my time in Kentucky.

I can truly say Margaret Therkelsen taught me to pray. And now she's taken her place in Your "great cloud of witnesses," cheering us on, full of the joy of knowing for sure all is well (Hebrews 12:1). She's praying those perfect prayers from certain victory and deep rest in the fulfillment of every promise, face to face with her Savior who "always lives to make intercession" (Hebrews 7:25). With all who knew her, I'll always hear her famous words to any of us who needed an answer, direction, healing, or hope--"Honey, you just gotta get to Jesus." Now, she truly has.

In this moment, I can't fully express in words all I feel in my heart, so I simply say, Lord Jesus, I honor this woman who powerfully impacted my life by always leading me to You. I love Margaret Therkelsen. But I know You love her even more. Thank You for sharing her with me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will be encouraged and inspired by those the Lord brings into your life to pray for you and lead you to Jesus through their love and their lives. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!