Monday, December 15, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 15 - Fear Not What's "from the Holy Spirit"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts and the foundation of my day.  ...

"'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a Son, and you are to name Him Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins'" (Matthew 1:20-21).

Sometimes the hardest things to embrace are the things "from the Holy Spirit." They can make us afraid or uncomfortable because they often lead us in a direction we weren't planning or come at a time we didn't choose. But everything from the Holy Spirit is from Your heart and for our good.

So You invite us to listen for Your leading and trust in Your goodness. You call us to believe that the plans You have for our lives will fill our future with Your hope. Joseph did. "When Joseph awoke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took her as his wife but had no marital relations with her until she had borne a Son; and he named Him Jesus" (v. 1:23-25).

Lord, help me listen for the leading of Your Holy Spirit. And help me trust that everything that comes from Your Spirit is for my good. Free me from fear and doubt. Give me confidence and peace to rest in Your purposes and Your provision. All in Your time and all in Your way, something good is always sure to come. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray God's grace to embrace everything for your life from the Holy Spirit in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue