Thursday, December 18, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 18 - "The Time Came"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All that I am and all that I have, I entrust to You, the One that I love and the One that I serve.  ...

"While they were there, the time came for (Mary) to deliver her Child. And she gave birth to her firstborn Son and wrapped Him in bands of cloth, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn" (Luke 2:6-7).

When "the time came" for the birth of Mary's Son, we might have said "Surely this can't be the time; surely this can't be God's will. We're not at home in Nazareth, but away on a trip. We can't let our baby be born away in a manger, surrounded by cattle, no crib for a bed, having to sleep on the hay." We might have said, "How would they ever be able to write beautiful Christmas songs out of a God-forsaken setting like this?"

But it was Your time. From before the foundations of the earth, You had already determined, eternally determined, that this would be the time that You would come and redeem Your creation through the birth of Christ. "When the fullness of time had come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children" (Galatians 4:4-5).

Lord, give me grace to more fully trust Your timing and Your ways. No doubt, it will not always be in my time or in my way. Though You are in the process of changing me into Your image, Your thoughts are not yet always my thoughts and Your ways are yet always my ways; I still have a long way to go to be like Jesus (Isaiah 55:8). But by the grace of God, that is my desire and I'm on that journey (2 Corinthians 3:18). And You are the God who makes all things beautiful in Your time (Romans 8:28). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will know the Lord is making all things beautiful for you in His time. in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue