Thursday, January 15, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 15 - "Listen, Children"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I settle in to my daily place of prayer, I settle in to Your embrace. I lift up my spirit and open up my heart and listen up for Your leading.  ...

"Listen, children, to a father's instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight.... Let your heart hold fast to my words; keep my commandments, and live" (Proverbs 4:1-4).

Teach me, my Father. I have so much to learn. Instruct me with Your insights and inspire me with Your wisdom. Empower me to hold fast to what I hear and to live out what I learn.

I ask You to make my spirit more attentive to Your leading. Help me get more quiet, get more still, lean in more closely, wait more patiently so I can arise more confidently from my time of prayer knowing I've heard from my God.  ...

As I wait on You, it seems I hear You say:  "My son, My desire is for you to desire to know Me. I delight in you when you delight in Me. When you purposefully press in to Me, you position yourself to be led by Me. Trust Me that as you go about the moments of your day, I will be speaking to your spirit to guide you in the path I have purposed for you."

Yes, Lord. You are my Father, my Lord, and my Teacher. Thank You for Your Word You're bringing to my mind to confirm what I believe You're speaking to me:  "... your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it" (Isaiah 30:20-21). 

As far as Your grace will go, I want to see You and know You. I want to hear Your voice, teaching me and leading me throughout the moments of my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will draw you into the place of prayer to begin your day listening to voice of the Lord our God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And I pray you will arise and go forth through the moments of your day, lead by the voice of the One who is always with you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!