Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 6 - "Oil of Gladness"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In this communion of prayer, make me one with You, one with the body of Christ, one in ministry wherever You send me, to the ends of the earth, until I feast with You at Your heavenly banquet in final victory. ...

"But of the Son He says, 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness beyond Your companions'" (Hebrews 1:8-9).

Holy Spirit, anoint me with the oil of gladness. Let the joy of the Lord be my strength (Nehemiah 8:10). "In Your presence there is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11).

My heart is glad that You are so good to me. You are a good God who loves to give good gifts to Your children (Luke 11:13). And one of Your best gifts is Your joy. "For You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your work; at the works of Your hands I sing for joy!" (Psalm 92:4) Joy is such a vibrant expression of the kingdom of God abiding in us by the anointing of Your Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17).

Thank You, O Lord, for restoring my joy--the joy of my salvation (Psalm 51:12). Thank You for anointing me with "the oil of gladness" (Isaiah 61:3). Give me Your grace to share Your joy in the anointing of Your Spirit everywhere You send me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you the Holy Spirit will anoint you with the oil of gladness and let the joy of the Lord flow out of your spirit today in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, if you're in the area, you're welcome to come join us this Wednesday afternoon between 4-7:00 at our ministry office in San Antonio for wedding cake and coffee to celebrate the marriage of Tommy & Rocio Hays.


 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!