Thursday, January 08, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 8 - Passionate Pursuit

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I put my heart in Your hands--Your nail-scarred hands that forever declare Your faithfulness, Your forgiveness, and unfailing love for me. ...

"Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrew 12:14).

I want to see You, Lord. Not just when I get to heaven when I die, but in every moment of every day. I want to see what You're doing, hear what You're saying, go where You're leading. I want to live my moments fully alive to Your presence. 

So reawaken in me the passion to pursue peace and pursue holiness. Not the peace of the world that goes along to get along, compromising with truth, complacent and passive, settling for less than the fullness of the kingdom of God, but the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding. Not the holiness that's determined by outward appearance or self-righteous religion, but the holiness of heart and life that flows out of a life seeking full surrender to the One who alone is holy and welcomed to be at work within my heart, conforming my thoughts and my desires to Yours, morning by morning and step by step.

Come, Holy Spirit. Rekindle the flame. Reawaken my spirit. Revive my soul. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled" (Matthew 5:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will rekindle the flame, reawaken your spirit, and revive your soul in the passionate pursuit of the Lord's true peace and holiness of heart and life in you this year. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, please keep us in prayer the next two days as our team of prayer ministers from Rapha God Ministries have the blessing and honor of ministering to the Oak Hills Church missionaries from around the world on a retreat at Horseshoe Bay.They are coming in from Brazil, Haiti, El Salvador, Burkina Faso, North Africa, Mexico, and the United States (oakhillschurch.com/longtermmissions). We'll be ministering to them together and in personal prayer ministry on topics of spiritual alignment, spiritual warfare, forgiveness, and brokenness from trauma. May this be a time of healing, renewal and fresh filling of the Holy Spirit for each of them and all of us. I pray the same for you!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!