Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 11 - "Clothe Yourselves with Humility"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I humble myself to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone.  ...

"And all of you must clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for 'God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.' Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you in due time" (1 Peter 5:5-6).

Keep me free from every prideful desire that wants to exalt myself. Free me from every temptation to put someone else down in order to build myself up and from every insecurity that says I only find my worth in the unworthiness of someone else in comparison to myself. Give me a hatred for any seed of self-centered, self-serving pride hidden in my heart and put the axe of Your Spirit to every root that bear the ugly fruit of self-righteousness and vainglory.

Give me a humble heart. Give me a heart that exalts Your name alone instead of ever trying to make a name for myself. Give me a heart that honors You and honors others. As Your Word says:  "Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to eh interests of others. Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who ... humbled Himself ..." (Philippians 2:3-8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will lead you to seek to clothe yourself with humility under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, secure in your identity and fulfilling your destiny in Christ, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!