Thursday, February 12, 2015

Morning by Morning, February 12 - "Go On Toward Perfection"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In these first moments of my morning, I look to You and listen for Your leading. ...

"Therefore let us go on toward perfection, leaving behind the basic teaching about Christ, and not laying again the foundation:  repentance from dead works and faith toward God, instruction about baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment" (Hebrews 6:1-2).

Thank You for teaching me the foundations of our faith. And thank You for giving me a hunger and a thirst to learn more. "Ground that drinks up the rain falling on it repeatedly, and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God" (v. 6:7). I want my heart to be good ground for the rain of Your Spirit and Your Word, as I seek to press on toward perfection and to grow up into spiritual maturity.

Even the Apostle Paul, after all he learned and experienced with You and for You, never grew satisfied in his passionate pursuit for more. "Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do:  forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind" (Philippians 3:12-15). In the power of Your grace, let me be that same mind and same heart in my personal, passionate pursuit of more of You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will stir in your spirit to press on toward perfection in your passionate pursuit for more of Christ, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!