Thursday, April 30, 2015

Morning by Morning, April 30 - "We Proclaim Jesus"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lord. Be King and Lord of my life today.  ...

"For we do not proclaim ourselves; we proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus' sake. For it is the God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Corinthians 4:5-6).

 Throughout the moments of my day, let me proclaim Jesus. With the countenance of my face and the attitude of my heart, let me proclaim Jesus. With the choices I make and the temptations I face, let me proclaim Jesus. With the challenging conversations I'll have and the opportunities to proclaim myself instead of You, let me proclaim Jesus.

Let it not be "another Jesus" -- a false Jesus, a self-righteous or selfish Jesus, a condemning or shaming Jesus, a complacent or appeasing Jesus, a compromising with the truth Jesus, a judgmental or unjust Jesus -- but only the true Jesus that they see in me (2 Corinthians 11:4).

Let all who see me see Jesus in me; let all who hear me hear Jesus in me -- Christ in me (Colossians 1:27). So I desperately need Your Spirit to fill me and make me like You. I desperately need You to fill me with "the Spirit of Jesus" (Acts 16:17), "the Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9), "the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:4), that "the Spirit of God" may dwell in me (Roman 8:9).

Let the love of God shine through my heart and upon my face everywhere You send me throughout my day with "the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Corinthians 4:4). "God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans 5:5). So let Your light shine on me and shine through me to proclaim Jesus today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you be filled with Spirit of Christ as you proclaim Jesus through your life today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!