Thursday, June 04, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 4 - Trust God or Trust Ourselves

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're my Lord and Savior, my Healer and Deliverer, my Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, my All in All. So put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin my day looking to You and proclaiming Your name.  ...

"Thus says the Lord:  Cursed are those who trust in mere mortals and make flesh their strength, whose hearts turn away from the Lord. They shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when relief comes. They shall live in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. They shall be like a tree planted by the water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green; in the year of the drought it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit" (Jeremiah 17:5-8).

Your Word draws a dividing line between those who trust in themselves and those who trust in God, between those who trust in the ways of the world and those who trust in the ways of the Lord, between those who draw upon their own strength, their own wisdom, their own resources and those who willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. One will wither and the other will flourish. One will merely survive and the other will thrive.

We don't know all that this day may hold, let alone tomorrow. So much of our lives are out of our hands, no matter how much we may prepare or plan. So how much better to entrust our control to Your control, to put our lives into Your hands. "Happy are those who make the Lord their trust, who do not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods.... But may all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation say continually, 'Great is the Lord!'" (Psalm 40:4-16)

Great are You, Lord! Though storms or droughts may come, I choose to trust You. Though everything is shaken that can be shaken, I choose to trust You. Come hell or high water, I choose to trust You. I choose to put my life in Your hands -- Your nail-scarred hands. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you flourish and thrive, as you trust in the Lord -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- secure in His hands and empowered by His grace, in Jesus' name.  Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

 
Friends, Thank You for your prayers for us last night at our First Wednesday Worship & Healing Service at Oak Hills Church with Max Lucado. We deeply experienced the healing Presence of the Lord in spirit, soul, and body. I pray the same for you. God bless you!

 
Please keep us in prayer as we begin our Level 2 School of Ministry tonight and over the next seven weeks in Fredericksburg, Texas through our ministry partnership between Rapha God Ministries and the Fredericksburg Campus of Oak Hills Church to equip their prayer team for inner healing prayer ministry.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!