Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Morning by Morning, July 14 - "The Communion of the Holy Spirit"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today.  ...

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you" (2 Corinthians 13:13).

Lord, out of Your grace and Your love, help me learn to live more deeply in the communion of Your Spirit. Help me truly trust You to be alive and at work within me, to guide me and empower me in the ways that lead to life throughout the moments of my day. "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

So come, Holy Spirit. You are welcome in this place; You are welcome within me. Come commune with me, come fellowship with me. Come be at work within me to will what is right and to do what is right, by the power of Your grace and Your love at work within me, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will deeply surrender and abide in the communion of the Holy Spirit through the grace and love of God, allowing the Lord to empower You from the inside out to will what is right and to do what is right, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
A Note for New Friends to My Daily Devotional:
Friends, for many years, I've begun my morning prayers with the simple phrase, "Good morning, Lord Jesus." My spirit comes to attention and I speak out a few words to direct my heart and my thoughts to the Lord alone, as best as I can. Then I type " ... " to wait for the leading of the Holy Spirit to bring a Scripture or image or word to mind so that I can pray according to the leading of the Lord for me or those He wants to touch through me by these simple prayers each day. Then I write a simple prayer for you at the end, asking you to pray it for me as well, and send it out. I write these in the morning because that's how I try to start my day -- embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Thank you for joining with me on this journey. Please forward these on as you are led to encourage someone else. God bless you!

 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!