Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Morning by Morning, July 15 - Jesus, Lord of My Heart and Lord of All

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart and every moment of my day. ...

"Now who will harm you if you are eager to do what is good? But even if you do suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, and do not be intimidated, but in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence" (1 Peter 3:13-16).

Jesus, I sanctify You as Lord in my heart. Rule and reign in my thoughts and desires. Give me courage to withstand any fear or intimidation that would challenge my faith or weaken my witness. I want to be "found trustworthy" and faithful to end, for it is not the governments of men or the conscience of culture but "the Lord who judges me" (1 Corinthians 4:2-4).

Empower me to know and to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). Give me the right heart and the right spirit, as You give me more of Your heart and Your Spirit every day. With gentleness and reverence, give me the words to speak and the hope to express that reveals the power of Your love and Your grace at work in my life. 

Make me more like You each day (Romans 8:29). And by the power of the grace of God, I'll never be afraid and never be ashamed to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord of my life and Lord of all (Romans 1:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you be found trustworthy and faithful, sanctifying Jesus Christ as Lord of your heart every day in the power of the Spirit to the glory of the Father, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
A Note for New Friends to My Daily Devotional:
Friends, for many years, I've begun my morning prayers with the simple phrase, "Good morning, Lord Jesus." My spirit comes to attention and I speak out a few words to direct my heart and my thoughts to the Lord alone, as best as I can. Then I type " ... " to wait for the leading of the Holy Spirit to bring a Scripture or image or word to mind so that I can pray according to the leading of the Lord for me or those He wants to touch through me by these simple prayers each day. Then I write a simple prayer for you at the end, asking you to pray it for me as well, and send it out. I write these in the morning because that's how I try to start my day -- embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Thank you for joining with me on this journey. Please forward these on as you are led to encourage someone else. God bless you!

 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!