Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Morning by Morning, August 18 - Seeking the Mind of Christ
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to me from Your Word, speak to be by Your Spirit, speak to me however You will, for You are my Shepherd and I am listening for Your voice.  ...
 
"'For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him?' But we have the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16).
 
Lord Jesus, I pray for the mind of Christ. 
 
I know we all have to begin by humbly and honestly acknowledging that Your thoughts are not our thoughts and Your ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8). But that's just the beginning; that's not where we're to remain. We're to seek You and Your thoughts and Your ways. We're to embrace Your Spirit at work within us to change our thoughts and renew our minds (Romans 12:2). We're to seek to "come ... to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ ... no longer children ... we must grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:11-16). We're to "let the same mind be in (us) that was in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5).
 
As I'm praying, a funny picture from my childhood is coming to mind, from growing up watching the television series Star Trek. People used to tell me I looked like Captain Kirk, so maybe I watched it a little too much! But Mr. Spock would sometimes stretch out his hand and take hold of someone's head to do "the Vulcan mind meld" so that they would be of one mind on a matter.
 
Lord Jesus, would You stretch out Your mighty right hand to me? (Psalm 118:15) Would You take hold of my mind. Cause my thoughts to be more like Your thoughts so that my ways will be more like Your ways. I want to me more like You (1 John 3:2). Make me more like You each day (Romans 8:29). "Make my joy complete:  (let me) be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind" with You (Philippians 2:2). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the Holy Spirit in you will stir in your heart to pursue the mind of Christ, in Jesus' name. May the Lord Jesus stretch out His hand and take hold of your mind today, that you may be of one mind with Him. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

       

Friends, please join us for our
School of Ministry for Inner Healing Prayer Ministry
in September being hosted at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. 
Register by calling Rapha God Ministries at 210 233-1072 

DVDs are available if you can't join us in person!
School of Ministry Sept 2015

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!