Friday, August 07, 2015

Morning by Morning, August 7 - Best Friends Forever

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speaking Your name and waiting for Your leading in the deep communion of prayer, I want to start this day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...

"Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,' and he was called the friend of God" (James 2:23).

I'm a servant, but I'm also a son. I'm created by God, and I'm also a child of God. I fear the Lord, but by the grace of God I'm also a friend of God. Like Abraham, I believe. And now, through Christ, all the blessings of Abraham are mine --"that in Christ the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith" (Galatians 3:14).

One of the greatest blessings of Abraham is to be a friend of God. You said to Your first disciples, "I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made know to you everything that I have heard from My Father" (John 15:15). And You are "the same yesterday and today and forever" in Your relationship with every disciple who believes in You (Hebrews 13:8).

Lord Jesus, You are my Lord and Savior. You are my "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). And You are my Best Friend forever. You are fiercely loyal, forever by my side, through thick and thin and come what may -- "a real friend (who) sticks closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24 NLT).  Give me the grace to fully embrace this great gift and blessing of friendship with You every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you fully embrace the great gift and blessing you have in Christ of friendship with God every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!