Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Morning by Morning, September 8 - The War Room
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit. And by the grace of God and the mystery of faith, You desire to be One within me (John 17:21). I wait now for Your leading in these morning moments of communion in prayer.  ... "Indeed, we live as human beings, but we do not wage war according to human standards; for the weapons of our warfare are not merely human, but they have power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). My son and I went to the movies this weekend to see The War Room. It wasn't about wars fought with rifles and tanks in foreign lands. No, it was about the war we face much closer to home for hearts and souls, including our own, in the spiritual realm interwoven with our lives every day. We don't fight this war in the air, land, and sea. We fight this war on our knees. We fight this war in prayer. And whether our "war room" is in a closet or on a tractor or behind a desk or down the sidewalk or in our favorite prayer chair where we seem to hear You the best, we wage our war in the heavenly dimensions of the spiritual realm. "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12 NKJV). This is "the good fight of the faith" (1 Timothy 6:12). This faith is in You with faith to believe that in whatever battle we face for ourselves for others, the victory is won through the cross and the blood of Christ (Colossians 2:15).  In the war room of intimacy and worship and prayer, I seek Your face and listen for Your voice, to seek to see what You're doing and hear what You're saying, so I can agree in prayer according to Your divine strategies and Your Father heart (John 5:19). Here, Your Holy Spirit helps me hear and obey the battle plans and high commands of "the Commander of the army of the Lord" (Joshua 5:15). In the war room of the Spirit, teach me and empower me to fight and to win, to come into agreement with the victory You've already won, as I fight for my marriage and family, for my community and nation, for my identity and destiny, and for all Your Spirit moves in my spirit to pray according the will of God (Romans 8:26-27). From this place in You, I cry out like David, "Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; my rock and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me!" (Psalm 144:1-2) And from this place in You, I embrace Your promise and proclaim Your victory over my spiritual enemy:  "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under (my) feet!" (Romans 16:20) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will see mighty victories in the mighty name of Jesus from your war room of intimacy and worship and prayer in the Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Friends, please keep us in prayer tonight as we we begin our
Level 1 School of Ministry at Rapha God Ministries for Inner Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry Training. In Level 1, we primarily focus on the Biblical foundation and spiritual principles of healing and freedom from my book, Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance. I pray you will experience the deep healing and powerful freedom of Jesus Christ in every dimension of your life. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!