Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Morning by Morning, September 9 - "The Tongue of a Teacher"
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I proclaim Your name and lift up my praise to You, my King, my Savior, and my Friend.  ... "The Lord has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning He wakens -- wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught" (Isaiah 50:4). Give me a teachable spirit so that I can teach. Give me a humble heart so that I can lead. Draw me near to You in the intimacy of prayer, so that I hear Your voice and sense Your leading, so that I receive Your correction and embrace Your affirmation to teach and to lead with confidence in You. You are my Teacher. You teach me by Your Word and by Your Spirit. You teach me by Your example and Your inspiration. You teach me by my challenges and even my failures. And I thank You for Your promise:  "Though the Lord may give (me) the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet (my) Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but (my) eyes shall see (my) Teacher. And when (I) turn to the right or when (I) turn to the left, (my) ears shall hear a word behind (me), saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'" (Isaiah 30:20-21). Teach me to be like You. "Because as (You are), so are we in this world" (1 John 4:17). "A disciple is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully qualified will be like the teacher" (Luke 6:40). By the power of Your grace at work within me, make me fully qualified to live in Your Spirit and teach Your ways, more like You each day, continually being conformed to the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). As someone has said, You don't call the qualified; You qualify the called (Romans 8:30). So let my words be Your words flowing through me today. Sustain the weary with Your words as You lead me in Your ways. And thank You for the grace I need every day -- morning by morning -- when I fall short of the glory of God, but You never fall short of loving me and helping me to live into my identity and destiny in You. Your mercies are "new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the Holy Spirit will encourage you and empower you to teach through your words and your life as a faithful disciple of Christ today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Friends, thank you for your prayers for us! Last night, we began our Level 1 School of Ministry at Rapha God Ministries for Inner Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry Training. In Level 1, we primarily focus on the Biblical foundation and spiritual principles of healing and freedom from my book, Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance. I pray you will experience the deep healing and powerful freedom of Jesus Christ in every dimension of your life. God bless you!

DVDs of our School of Ministry, Books, and Resources for Healing and Prayer Ministry are Available


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!