Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 27 - "Miracle in the Mountains"
"A great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was already being swamped. But He was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him up and said to Him, 'Teacher, do You don care that we are perishing?' He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace! Be still!' Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm. He said to them, 'Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?' And they were filled with great awe and said to one another, 'Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?'" (Mark 37-41)This weekend, the most powerful hurricane ever recorded was headed for coast of Mexico. They braced for the deaths of thousands and the devastation of regions. But as soon at it hit the mountains at the sea the great storm suddenly, inexplicably dissipated and died. And Mexico erupted in praise! Even the press called it a "miracle in the mountains."Thank You, Jesus, for every time You've been my miracle in the mountains and my miracle in the valleys and my miracle in the wilderness. Thank You for every time You've been my miracle in every moment when I was about to be devastated by something I couldn't control that threatened to wash me away with everything around me.Every time, You arose to rebuke the storm. Every time You spoke to the wind and waves of my anxieties and fears, saying "Peace! Be still!" And I know You always will.You never promised me there would never be any storms. But You did promise me that even when the storms come You'll be with me through them all. Like You say in Your Word that always gives me great hope and peace through every storm:  "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.... Because you are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you.... Do not fear, for I Am with you" (Isaiah 43:1-5).By the power of the grace of God at work within me, by the peace that comes from the One who rebukes my storms and settles my soul, I choose to trust in You today. Through every storm, I'm trusting You to empower me to choose to not give in to fear, but hold on in faith, excited to see the next miracle of Your power and peace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will keep choosing to trust in our God to be with you and empower you in His peace to overcome every fear through any storm that ever comes, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
        


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!