Monday, November 16, 2015

Morning by Morning, November 16 - Prevailing Hope Against Terror and Fear
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I intentionally choose to begin my day centered in You.  ...
 
"As for me, Daniel, my spirit was troubled within me, and the visions of my head terrified me. I approached one of the attendants to ask him the truth concerning all this. So he said that he would disclose to me the interpretation of the matter:  'As for these four great beasts, four kings shall arise out of the earth. But the holy ones of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever -- forever and ever'" (Daniel 7:15-18).
 
Like the visions in Daniel's head, the visions in our daily news terrify me. Like Daniel, my spirit is troubled within me. Daniel's visions were of a time to come. My visions are before my eyes every day.
 
From Paris this weekend, we saw more of the senseless slaughter and callous cruelty of what increasingly seems like a world gone mad. Somehow terror has become commonplace.
 
But in the midst of this horror, we have hope. We hold on to the promises of God -- the promises that You will be with us through all we endure and that in the end, no matter how dark the days may grow, Your light will always ultimately prevail against the darkness. "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it" (John 1:5). The light of "the One who is in (us) is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).
 
Let us not be discouraged. Let us not lose hope. Rather, let us arise and take our place in prayer and praise, with a renewed sense of Your call to arms in the war room of intercession. "For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon (us), and His glory will appear over (us)" (Isaiah 60:2). By the power of the grace of God at work within us, we will "Arise, shine; for (our) light has come, and the glory of the Lord has rise upon (us)," as we hold fast in faith, persevere in prayer, and unify as one in the Spirit and in action against this evil of our day (Isaiah 60:1).
 
This truth will never change:  "Perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18). This promise will never be broken:  "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV). 
 
And no matter what battles we face in the face of terror and fear in this broken and fallen world until You return, we can confidently trust in the assurance of Your unshakeable, unchangeable Word:  "No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:37-39). 
 
Like the people of God in every generation before us, by the power of Your grace and Your love that casts out all fear and overcomes all terror, we are "the holy ones of the Most High" that will prevail (Daniel 7:22). And we look forward to the day that will surely come, when all the evil of this world will "strike terror no more" (Psalm 10:18). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I join with you in the war room of intercession to pray and to prevail in hope against the terror and fear, in Jesus' name. May you always know you will always be more than a conqueror in the Christ Jesus our Lord. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
               
 


Friends, I join with you in prayer for the people of Paris and everywhere innocent lives are under siege from this evil of our day. 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!