Friday, January 29, 2016

Morning by Morning, January 29 - Life in the Spirit
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. In our morning communion of prayer, let my spirit arise and soar into the heavenly realm of Your Presence.  ...
 
"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.... But (we) are not in the flesh; (we) are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (us)" (Romans 8:5-6).
 
You set before me the choice of life and peace every day. I can have it or not. In the freedom You allow in the sovereignty of Your will, You let me choose this day who I will serve and how I will live. And what determines the destiny of my day is my choice of where I will set my mind. According to Your Word, "to set (my) mind on the flesh is death, but to set (my) mind on the Spirit is life and peace" (v. 6).
 
So to have my days full of the life and peace You desire for me, I need to know how to "set (my) mind on the Spirit." In a way, it's the most important choice I'll make all day. And in the same way, it should be the first choice I make all day. Just as importantly, it should be a choice I keep making throughout the moments of my day.
 
So, Lord, teach me how to "set (my) mind on the Spirit." Show me how to do it; show me what it looks like. What does it really mean to "set (my) mind on the Spirit?"  ...
 
As I listen in my heart and wait for Your leading, it seems I hear You saying:  "My son, I am the Spirit of God within you. I am the Spirit of the Father, the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit of Living God, living in you. To set your mind on the Spirit is to set your mind on Me -- to seek first My kingdom and My righteousness, to give Me first place in your life, to allow Me to shape your thoughts and your desires as you choose to allow Me to guide your steps throughout the moments of your day. It is not an accidental attitude. It is not an attitude of passivity or complacency. It is an active attitude that flows out of a conscious choice, a deliberate decision to seek Me first and trust Me always with the leading and Lordship of your life -- all moment by moment and choice by choice in the power of My grace."
 
Yes, Lord. Let it be so, as You have said. By the power of Your grace, give me this attitude, give me this desire -- the desire and the power to live my life in the Spirit -- moment by moment and choice by choice, every day of my life in Your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray that by the power of the grace of God you will consciously choose and deliberately decide to set your mind on the Spirit and live your life in the Spirit today and every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 
Friends, please keep us in prayer this weekend as I join the Aldersgate Renewal Ministries team to speak on the Father's Heart and Kingdom Encounters for a Life in the Spirit Seminar at Friendship United Methodist Church in Porter, Texas just north of Houston (http://aldersgaterenewal.org/events/local-church-events/life-in-the-spirit-seminar). God bless you and may His Holy Spirit fill you and your church with His love and power!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!