Thursday, February 04, 2016

Morning by Morning, February 4 - Confident Hope through Steadfast Love
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of all I am and all I do.  ...
 
"And hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans 5:5).
 
Do I ever get disappointed? Of course. But it's never hope that disappoints me. It's usually a person that disappoints me -- and that person is usually myself. Laugh out loud. 
 
No, hope does not disappoint me, because my hope is in You. And You have shown Yourself faithful to me through every disappointment I've ever had. When I disappoint myself, You forgive me and encourage me and even teach me as You correct me. When others disappoint me, You help me forgive them and try to see the best in them deep down inside not matter what's coming out of them on the surface at the time. And when the circumstances and challenges of life through this broken, fallen world not yet restored to the righteousness of Your will disappoint me, You remind there will come a day when all will be well. "For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).
 
So I thank You for this hope You've given me. It's a hope that comes from Your love poured into my heart by Your Spirit. Your steadfast love gives me a confident hope that does not disappoint me. "Let Your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon (me), even as (I) hope in You" (Psalm 33:22). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be confident in hope through whatever disappoints you may face by the steadfast love of God poured into your heart through His Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 
Friends, Thank You so much for your prayers for us at our monthly healing service last night with Max Lucado at the First Wednesday Worship & Healing Service at Oak Hills Church. We had a beautiful and powerful time in the deep presence of the Lord. I pray the same for you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!