Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Morning by Morning, February 9 - Rocks to Remember
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"When the entire nation had finished crossing over the Jordan, the Lord said to Joshua:  'Select twelve men from the people, one from each tribe, and command them, 'Take twelve stones from here out of the middle of the Jordan, from the place where the priests' feet stood, carry them over with you, and lay them down in the place where you camp tonight.' Then Joshua summoned the twelve men from the Israelites, whom he had appointed, one from each tribe. Joshua said to them, 'Pass on before the ark of the Lord your God in to the middle of the Jordan, and each of you take up a stone on his shoulder, one for each of the twelve tribes of the Israelites, so that this may be a sign among you. When your children ask in time to come, 'What do these stones mean to you?' then you shall tell them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off in front of the ark of the covenant of the Lord. When it crossed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. So these stones shall be to the Israelites a memorial forever'" (Joshua 4:1-7).
 
 If I had a stone for every time You showed up and set me free, every time You saved my soul from what I deserved, every time You showed me the way where there seemed to be no way, I'd have a such a pile of rocks it would be bigger than a barn. And whether we recognize it or not, whether we take time to acknowledge You and thank You for it or not, we all would. Those are rocks to remember.
 
We ought to take every chance we get to tell our kids and tell our neighbors and tell everybody who would listen what our great God has done for us. We ought to take time to tell it to ourselves and remember the moments of deliverance and healing, provision and protection, hope and encouragement, and every other way You've shown up and showed off in another extraordinary display of Your love and grace.
 
Those rocks from the river from where Israel passed over into the their land of promise where to be "a memorial forever" of the faithfulness of God (Joshua 4:7). And now the story of those rocks is eternally inscribed in the very Word of God that we can read to our kids and believe in our hearts that what You did for Your people then is exactly what You will do for Your people today. You are "the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).
 
As I remember the piles of rocks in my life, as I remember "(You) alone (are) my Rock and my Salvation, my Fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. (I will) trust in Him at all time" (Psalm 62:6-8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Holy Spirit will bring to your remembrance the moments our God's miracles and grace in your life to share with others as He leads, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!