Thursday, March 10, 2016

Morning by Morning, March 10 - From Intimacy to Ministry
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, Good Shepherd of my soul.  ... "Let me hear what God the Lord will speak, for He will speak peace to His people, to His faithful, to those who turn to Him in their hearts" (Psalm 85:8). Father God, You spoke to my heart many years ago that the measure of Your power and authority that You would express through my life and ministry would be directly related to the time I spent with You in prayer. Ministry would flow out of intimacy.  Lord Jesus, in Your ministry on earth as the Son of Man, You always drew near to the Father to hear His heart by the Spirit so that You could move in His power and authority, speaking what You heard Him speak and doing what You saw Him do. "Jesus said to them, 'Very truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing on His own, but only what He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise. The Father loves the Son and shows Him all that He Himself is doing; and He will show Him greater works than these, so that you will be astonished" (John 5:19-20). You said "I seek to do not My own will but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 5:30). And You are My Savior and My Example; You are My Teacher and I am Your disciple, to learn Your ways of intimacy and ministry, to move with Your heart and to walk in Your steps (1 Peter 2:21). Come, Holy Spirit of the Living God. Draw me near to God, as God draws near to me in the intimacy of prayer (James 4:8). Father God, help me embrace Your presence and hear Your heart; let me hear what You're saying and see what You're doing. Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day, with the Father heart of God, growing in the the character and mind of Christ, and moving in the power and authority of the Holy Spirit. "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17).  O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- let my intimacy with You be the wellspring of Your ministry to Your people through my life today. "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of (us)" (2 Corinthians 13:13). In Jesus' name pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be drawn into a deep place of intimacy with God each day and flow in the ministry of His love and power through your life as He leads, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

        
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!