Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 15 - We Need More
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts and desires, of all I am and all I do.  ... "The foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise replied, 'No! there will not be enough for you and for us; you had better go to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.' And while they went to buy it, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went with him into the wedding banquet; and the door was shut" (Matthew 25:8-10). Thank You for the lamp of Your Word. "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105). Thank You for the oil of Your Spirit. "(We) have been anointed by the Holy One.... (And) the anointing that (we) received from (You) abides in (us)" (1 John 2:20-27). So in Christ, we each have the lamp of Your Word and the oil of Your Spirit. "(We) are not in the flesh; (we) are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (us). Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him" (Romans 8:9). But at the same time, we need to "be filled with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18). There will be times in our lives when we need more of the oil of Your Spirit. There will be times when we're tempted to waiver and doubt, times when it's harder to hold on and press through, times when it seems like it's "midnight" all around us and our "Bridegroom (is) delayed" (Matthew 25:5-6). We need more -- more of You, more of Your Spirit, burning in us so we never face a day when "our lamps are going out" (Matthew 25:8). We need to be "wise" and we need to be "ready -- always ready for You and ready for whatever the midnight moments of our lives may hold (Matthew 25:10). Come, Holy Spirit. Fill me afresh every day. Less of me and more of You. Let the will and the ways of Christ in me increase, as my will and my ways decrease in trusting surrender to Your abiding Presence in my life (John 3:30). I want to be wise and I want to be ready. I want to be "baptized with the Holy Spirit" every day (Acts 1:5). And I look forward to the day when we will say, "Let us rejoice and (be glad), for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready!" (Revelation 19:7) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be filled afresh with the oil of the Spirit, baptized in the Holy Spirit every day, as you keep entrusting and surrendering your heart and your life to the Holy One with His light of His Word as a lamp to your feet, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

     

Friends, Thank You so much! for keeping me in your prayers as I was teaching and ministering in Athens, Georgia near the campus of the University of Georgia at the 2016 Athens College of Ministry Transformed! conference and with my great friends at St. James United Methodist Church in Athens. It seemed like a non-stop flow of the Holy Spirit, starting early and finishing late every day until I returned yesterday, in a great adventure of faith. There many signs of God's power and love. I could never do this kind of ministry without all your prayers and encouragement! Thank you for being with me on the journey!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!