Monday, June 27, 2016

Morning by Morning, June 27 - "I Will Give You Rest"
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I'm listening for Your leading and waiting for the whisper of Your still, small voice, as I begin my day in the communion of prayer with you, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ... "He said, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest' " (Exodus 33:14). For the next two weeks, I'll be taking some time away from my daily routines and everyday tasks. I'll be taking a little more time with family, a little more time with sleep, maybe even a little more time where I don't talk to anybody, don't preach to anybody, don't try to fix anybody, but just let everybody be -- entrusting them all to You. Hopefully, I'll be taking a little more time to rest. If that's Your heart for me, help me not feel selfish or lazy or guilty or worried about everything that's not getting done or will need to get done when I get back. Help me rest. And let me know that Your Presence goes with me even when I'm not teaching and preaching and praying every waking moment of my day. Help me remember "the anointing which (I) have received from (You) abides in (me)" wherever I am, whatever I'm doing -- or even not doing -- because my anointing is Your Presence with me (1 John 2:27). So I'm anointed with Your Presence even when I rest. Help me rest in You today and for these two weeks. In fact, give me the grace to rest in You for rest of my life. "Therefore, while the promise of entering His rest is still open, let us take care that none of (us) should seem to have failed to reach it" (Hebrews 4:1). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



 I pray you will rest in the Lord and the anointing of His Presence, always with you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. And please forgive me if you're missing these morning devotionals every day while I'm away. I'll be at home and away with family, taking a little different routine for vacation time in the mornings. But I hope you'll still be with me on our journey of prayer together when I return. God bless you, my friend!

       


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!