Monday, July 11, 2016

Morning by Morning, July 11 - Awaken Me in the Morning

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I look and listen for Your leading, help me begin my day knowing I'm embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ... 

"Then the angel who spoke to me returned and awakened me, like a man awakened from his sleep" (Zechariah 4:9). It was good to get away and rest. And now it's good to return to the rhythms of my day. You taught me long ago that the most important part of the rhythms of my day is here in these first moments of my morning in my deep communion of prayer with You. "Let me hear of Your steadfast love in the morning, for in you I put my trust. Teach me the way that I should go, for to You I lift up my soul" (Psalm 143:8). 

So come, Holy Spirit. Awaken me. Like a man awakened from his sleep, awaken my soul, stir in my spirit. Let my body come alive to arise and shine, refreshed and renewed, ready to embrace my identity and embark again on my destiny in this adventure of faith. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Order my steps and direct my path, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I'm excited to see what You will do, as I awaken and arise to follow You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


pray the Spirit of the Lord will arise in your spirit, awaken your soul, and energize your body each day to embrace your identity and continue your destiny as the child of God and follower of Christ He created you to be, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. And thank you so much for your prayers for me and our family during my time away. It was good to be away and now it's good to be back with you on our journey of prayer, morning by morning. Thank you for joining me in the adventure! God bless you, my friend!

       


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!