Monday, August 29, 2016

Morning by Morning, August 29 - Who Am I?
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. First things first -- as I begin my day, I want to begin with You in the communion of prayer -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Once when Jesus was praying alone, with only the disciples near Him, He asked them, 'Who do the crowds say that I am?' They answered, 'John the Baptist; but others, Elijah; and still others, that one of the prophets has arisen.' He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Peter answered, 'The Messiah of God'" (Luke 9:18-20).
 
The crowds are rarely right. The masses often miss it. It's human nature to be led by human emotions and driven by human desires. So You're always inviting us to look to You instead of listen to them, to seek Your face instead of seek their fame, and let Your Word shape our will instead of their whims that can change with the wind.
 
What could be a more important question than this -- "Who do you say that I am?" If You are "the Messiah of God" -- God come in the flesh as God with us and Christ within us, to sacrifice Your life for us and show us how to live our lives in You, what could be more important? It defines everything and determines our destiny now in this age and the age to come (John 3:16).
 
Yet, perhaps almost as important in our spiritual journey is to ask You as well, "Who do You day that I am?" At the end of the day and at the end of my journey through this life, it doesn't really matter who the crowd says that I am or what the world thinks of me. The only thing that will matter is who You say that I am.
 
"We do not live to ourselves, and we do not die to ourselves. If we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord; so then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and lived again, so that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. Why do you pass judgment on your brother or sister? Or you, why do you despise your brother or sister? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. For it is written, 'As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall give praise to God.' So then, each of us will be accountable to God" (Romans 14:7-12).
 
By the grace of the faith You've given me, I believe You are the Son of God, the Messiah of God -- crucified, dead and buried and raised from the dead, sitting at the right hand of the Father, and You will come again to judge the living and the dead. You're One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit. So the question that's on my heart today is "Who do You say that I am?"  ...
 
As I wait in the silence and listen for the voice of my Good Shepherd, it seems I hear You saying in my heart:  "You are My son, My beloved son. Above all else, I want you to know this. And as you come to fully know this down in the depths of your soul, it will not longer matter to you who anyone else in all this world says that you are."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. Help me learn what this really means. Help me embrace who I really am, just as I embrace who You really are. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be confident in who you are as a son or daughter of God, confident in your faith in the One who loves you and calls you by name as His own, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 


   



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!