Thursday, October 27, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 27 - Jesus, the Lover of Righteousness Who is Full of Joy
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart to begin my day pursuing the Presence of God -- God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Of angels He says, 'He makes His angels winds, and His servants flames of fire.' But of the Son He says, 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness beyond Your companions'" (Hebrews 1:7-9).
 
Though You are fully God, You are also fully man. Though in one dimension You are eternally enthroned in the heavenly realm in the Oneness of God, at the same time, You also humbled Yourself in the likeness of human flesh and blood to walk among us in the perfect expression and revelation of the nature of God in a way we can begin to grasp through the limitations of our human understanding (Philippians 2:5-11).
 
In Your human expression of the nature of God, You are a lover of "righteousness" who is also full of joy -- thoroughly "anointed" by God the Father with "the oil of gladness" beyond the measure of anyone else who's ever lived (Hebrews 1:9). Just as You lived Your life on this earth in human flesh and blood for those thirty-three years, You invite me to live out my life in that same way. Just You are, so am I to be in this world (1 John 4:17).
 
So come, Holy Spirit. I want to embrace the anointing of my Father -- the anointing to be a lover of righteousness and the anointing to be full of joy at the same time. As I embrace Your kingdom to come and Your will to be done here on earth, here in my heart, as it is in heaven, I'm embracing Your love for righteousness and a heart full of joy. "For the kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).
 
Give me the grace to grow in righteousness -- right with God, right with one another, right within myself. Give me the grace to grow in peace -- at peace with God, at peace with one another, at peace within myself. And give me the grace to grow in joy -- overflowing in the anointing of Your oil of gladness "that (my) joy may be complete" (John 16:24). In these ways, You're giving me the grace to be like You -- conformed to the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you'll grow in God's grace to become more and more of a lover of righteousness and full of joy, just like Jesus, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!