Monday, October 31, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 31 - "Ghost" Story
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open the eyes of my heart to see You and open the ears of my spirit to hear You, as I begin my day in the depths of communion with You in prayer -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when He comes to set up His kingdom:  Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching" (2 Timothy 4:1-2 NLT).
 
In the culture of our day, there will be must fascination with darkness and death on this night our world calls Halloween. But even in the midst of darkness You're always shining Your light. "You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than He who is in the world" (1 John 4:4 NKJV).
 
Some will be focused on the dark spirits of this world and the walk of the living death. But as this day begins Your Holy Spirit is reminding me to seek to walk in the ways of the One who is the judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42; 1 Peter 4:5).
 
The greatest "ghost story" ever told is not about a ghost who comes to haunt the living from the dead but about the power of God who raised Jesus from the dead into the resurrection life we can all have through faith in Him (Romans 8:11). "According to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life" (Titus 3:5-7 KJV).
 
In the ways of the world this may be the night of the walking dead. But in the ways of the One who gave His life for me, I can arise and "walk in newness of life" by the grace of God, "just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father" (Romans 6:4). And now, for all who trust and believe in the death and resurrection of Christ, "the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us" (Romans 5:5 KJV). That's the only "Ghost story" I want to be telling my kids and my friends tonight. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the love of God will be poured into Your heart by His Holy Spirit, as you arise and shine with the resurrection light of Christ, walking in newness of life in your world today (and tonight), in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!