Thursday, October 06, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 6 - We Are What We Think
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You lead me in the way that leads to life in You today.  ...
 
"As he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7 NKJV).
 
Lord, let the thoughts of my heart be right. "There is a way that seems right to a person, but its end is the way of death" (Proverbs 14:12). So align my heart with Your heart and align my mind with Your mind, so that my thoughts and my desires align with Your will and Your way of life. 
 
How to I do that, Lord?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying, "By asking and by believing. Ask Me to shape your heart and your mind, your desires and your thoughts. Then believe that I Am."
 
Yes, Lord. I know it's a process. Your Word says I'm transformed by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2). And Your Word invites me to embrace "the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16). As You are, so am I to be in this world (1 John 4:17). "We know the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life" (1 John 5:120).
 
So I know this is Your will for me -- for my heart and for my mind. And I can trust in Your promise that "this is the boldness we have in (You), that if we ask anything according to (Your) will, (You) hear us. And if we know that (You) hear us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the requests made of (You)" (1 John 5:14-15). 
 
By the grace of God, in response to Your invitation, I am asking and I am believing. As I think in my heart, so will I be. So as I begin each day thinking in my heart with the thoughts You've put in mind and the desires You've put in my heart, You will be making me more like You each day (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will become what you think, as you allow God to put His thoughts in your mind and His desires in your heart, to make you more like Jesus each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 
 

Friends, please come join us if you can and spread the word for our Ministry Fundraiser Golf Tournament and Silent Auction, with a few special golfers coming out to encourage and support us 
-- Jeremy Camp, Max Lucado, Randy Frazee, and Jim Barker on October 8th! Even if you don't play golf, come join us for the lunch and Silent Auction. We welcome any contributions to our ministry as the Lord leads your heart.
Register Here:  Golf Tournament Registration 




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!