Friday, October 07, 2016

Morning by Morning, October 7 - "Rich in Good Works, Generous, and Ready to Share"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to start my day deliberately inviting You into the center of my heart and at the front of my mind.  ...
 
"As for those who in the present age are rich, command them not to be haughty, or to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but rather on God who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share, thus storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of the life that really is life" (1 Timothy 6:17-19).
 
Compared with ninety-nine percent of the world, I'm sure I'm considered "rich" in Your eyes -- as well as just about everyone I know. We have food and shelter and more than we need almost all the time. You "richly provide us with everything for (our necessities and even for) our enjoyment."
 
And at the same time, You're not comparing me with anyone else. You're looking into my heart and invite me to do the same. You invite me to ask myself if I have a desire and the power to "do good, to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share." And You invite me to consider how well I'm stewarding my heart and these resources You've entrusted to me. 
 
Have I been "storing up for (myself) the treasure of a good foundation for the future? Have I been "(taking) hold of the life that really is life" or taking hold of things far less generous and setting my hopes on things far more uncertain?
 
"The good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good..." (Luke 6:45). Come, Holy Spirit. Come be at work in my heart, giving me good desires in alignment with the heart of my good God. Give me the desire and empower me with opportunities to "do good, and to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share" today. Let me be a good steward, a faithful son, and a fruitful disciple with the "good treasure" You've entrusted to me. Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray our generous God will pour out His blessings upon you and richly provide you with everything you need and even enjoy to allow His blessings to flow through your life today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!