Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Morning by Morning, February 7 - Secure in the Sovereignty of God
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what's on Your heart, as I begin my day centered in Your presence and grounded in Your Word, filled with Your Spirit and seeking to walk in Your ways.  ...
 
The world is whirling,
The storms are swirling,
But I am secure in You.
 
The temples of men are teetering,
The kingdoms of this world are wavering,
But I am secure in You.
 
When all that can be shaken is shaken,
And all that can be fallen is fallen,
I will be secure in You.
 
"I love you, O Lord, my Strength.
(You are) my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer,
my God, my Rock in whom I take refuge,
my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my Stronghold."
 
When all is said and done, You will remain forever,
And by the power of Your grace, I will remain in You,
For I'm always secure in the sovereignty of God.
 
Thank You for these words You're writing in my heart and sealing into my soul this morning. You were David's rock of security, and You are mine (Psalm 18:1-2). 
 
As we look and see all the clamor and chaos around us, it's good to know -- and You're so faithful to remind us -- that You are ultimately in control and You eternally have a plan. That plan is good (Jeremiah 29:11). And You are God -- "For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar -- the Lord of hosts is His name" (Isaiah 51:15). 
 
"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks, by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe" (Hebrews 12:28). In the security of Your sovereignty, I give You thanks in reverence and awe this day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you be steadfast and secure in the sovereignty of God, knowing His plans for you are good and He is in control to accomplish His good purposes through your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!