Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Morning by Morning, February 8 - Lean In to the Spirit
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch and wait for Your leading, as I worship You in spirit and truth -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJ).
 
Help me grow in the grace of sorting out the difference between trusting in You with all my heart and leaning upon my own understanding. Help me learn to discern when I'm placing the priority upon my own thoughts in my own mind to gain my own understanding, instead of placing the priority upon first seeking You with all my heart. He me learn to listen first with my spirit instead of my soul (Hebrews 4:12). I want to lean in to Your Spirit instead of leaning on my own understanding. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:13).
 
You invite me and all Your children to trust You first, to seek You first, to "seek first the kingdom of God," rather than the kingdom of our own understanding, our own wisdom -- letting You lead the way, rather than letting the thoughts from our own minds lead the way. This is to have "the mind of Christ" rather than the mind of man (1 Corinthians 2:16). Then, confidently trusting in the promise of Your Word, we can trust You to "direct (our) paths" (Proverbs 3:6).
 
Lord, how do I lean in to Your Spirit?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying, "My son, you lean in to Me and My Spirit when you consciously, deliberately seek to listen from your spirit. This is the deep of your spirit crying out to the deep of My Spirit -- deep to Deep, heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit. Then you are allowing Me to form My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart, so I can direct your paths -- not because I am forcing you to follow, but because you are allowing Me to lead."
 
Yes, Lord. Help me grow in this grace. "Deep calls to deep" (Psalm 42:7). "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). Unite me with You more every day. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I seek to live my life each day trusting in You with all my heart and learning to lean not on my own understanding. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you grow in the grace of learning to lean in to the Spirit of God instead of first leaning on your own understanding, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   
Friends, I m excited to be continuing my weekly teaching series tonight, based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance at Life in the City United Methodist Church in Austin. Please keep us in your prayers to learn and experience the healing power of God's love and grace. I pray for that same transforming power and grace in your life and ministry as well!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!