Thursday, March 02, 2017

Morning by Morning, March 2 - Humility and Honor
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Welcome into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of the Father" (Philippians 2:5-11 NKJV).
 
To have the mind of Christ is to have a heart of humility. You are eternally, fully God. At the same time, You willingly chose to also become fully man. You set aside the glory of heaven to humble Yourself in the likeness of human flesh and blood -- to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins and the example for our lives. And in Your infinite, unfathomable humility, You are eternally honored. Your name is forever exalted.
 
I admit I need more humility. I admit I need to entrust more of my authority to Your authority, to submit more of my will to Your will, to allow You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart so that my ways become more like Your ways and my will becomes more like Your will.
 
To "confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" is to confess that You are Lord and I am not, that You are in control and I am entrusting control of my life to You. To humble myself in the humility of Christ is to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. It's believing in my heart and confessing with my mouth You are my Lord and my Savior, that You have the place of lordship and authority in my life, that there is no other name and no other thing that is higher than Your name and Your place in my life (Romans 10:9).
 
Your Word teaches us that "God opposes the proud, but give grace to the humble," inviting us to continually, willingly choose to "submit ourselves therefore to God" that we may embrace "all the more grace" (James 4:6-7). And in that deep heart of humility, being renewed in our minds with the mind of Christ, being transformed in our hearts with the heart of God, You are conforming us into Your image (Romans 12:1-2 and 8:29).
 
You show Your "favor" to the humble that we may "inherit honor" (Proverbs 3:34-35). "A broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise" (Psalm 51:17). And a life fully surrendered and devoted to You is a life You will exalt for the honor of Your name. As Your Word invites us and promises us, "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you" (James 4:10). Help me grow in this grace of humility in Christ each day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the Lord will exalt you for the honor of His name as you humble yourself in His sight and grow in the humility of Christ, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
       
   

Friends, our leaders and prayers ministers of Rapha God Ministries are getting away for a spiritual retreat for the next several days. Our theme will be "You are Loved!" I will probably not be sending out my daily devotional until we return. Please keep us in prayer to be renewed and refreshed, growing in the grace of God in both intimacy and community with Him and one another to more faithfully fulfill our calling and destiny. I pray the same for you! God bless you




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!