Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Morning by Morning, March 22 - Never Abandoned by Joy
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lord of my life, be Lord of every moment of my day.  ...
 
"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long must I bear pain in my soul,
and have sorrow in my heart all day long?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and answer me, O Lord my God!
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,
and my enemy will say, 'I have prevailed';
my foes will rejoice because I am shaken.
But I trusted in Your steadfast love;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
because He has dealt bountifully with me" (Psalm 13).
 
I received word that a dear friend of years past and fellow-laborer in the cause of Christ has passed on into the fullness of Your presence. She's now run her race and finished her course and received her reward. I thank You for the life of Susan Joy Lewis. And I honor the Spirit of the Lord and the Spirit of Your joy that lived in her heart all the days of her life.
 
Truly, she trusted in Your steadfast love through her final breath and her heart rejoices in Your salvation. She's singing for joy because You have dealt bountifully with her. Not a moment of "this slight momentary affliction" of her faithful journey through this broken and fallen world is worth comparing to the "eternal weight of glory beyond all measure" that she is now experiencing with You, "face to face" (2 Corinthians 4:17; 1 Corinthians 13:12). 
 
Thank You for every moment that Your joy was her strength and every moment she shared her joy in You with me and so many (Nehemiah 8:10). Now her joy has been made complete (John 15:11).
 
Thank You that we can express our struggles and disappointments with You. We never have to suffer in silence or struggle alone. You're with us and You listen to us and You love us. You fight for us in ways we don't always see and move mightily through in our lives in ways we don't always know. But our suffering and struggles will not have the last word, for even "death has been swallowed up in victory" in You -- "Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!" (1 Corinthians 15:57)  In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray the joy of the Lord will be your strength through every battle and struggle, rejoicing in His salvation and abounding in His love, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. Please join with me in holding the family of Susan Joy Lewis in your hearts and prayers, as they both celebrate her homecoming to heaven but also mourn her absence here on earth. God bless you, my friend!

 
Joy of the Lord Painting by Greg Olsen


Friends, please keep us in prayer as I finish my 
teaching series on inner healing prayer ministry at 
Life in the City United Methodist Church in Austin tonight. God bless you and move mightily through you and your church.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!