Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Morning by Morning, April 25 - The Spirit of Christ in Me
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You said You'd always be with me, and I praise You that You always are (Matthew 28:20).  ...
 
"Abide in Me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in Me. I Am the Vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in Me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:4-5).
 
Lord Jesus, You are my Vine. I am one of Your branches. You abide in me and I abide in You. "In (You, I) live and move and have (my) being," and I welcome You to live and move and have Your Being in me (Acts 17:26). "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27).
 
Thank You for the promise of Your Spirit to always abide within me, to always lead and guide me, to make me more like You each day. As You said before Your crucifixion and resurrection, "I will not leave you orphaned; I am coming to you. In a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you also will live. On that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you" (John 14:18-20).
 
The Same Spirit that flows in You is the same Spirit that flows in me -- the Holy Spirit of the Living God (Romans 8:11). This is Your Spirit -- "the Spirit of God" (Romans 8:9), "the Spirit of Truth" (John 16:13), "the Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9), "the Spirit of Jesus" (Acts 16:7). This is "the Promise of the Father" Who comes to abide within me and empower me to be Your witness in my world (Acts 1:4-8).
 
Thank You for the promise of Your Word and the fulfillment of Your prayer from Your heart as You walked this earth as the Son of Man in the likeness of human flesh and blood:  "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their word, that they may all be one. As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may be completely one, so that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me" (John 17:20-23).
 
So, Lord Jesus, I welcome You into my heart as I welcome Your Spirit into every dimension of my life. You in me and I in You (John 14:20; John 17:23). "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" -- Your glory arising upon me and Your glory shining through me because Your Spirit abides within me (Colossians 1:27). In the power of Your grace each day, may I "arise (and) shine, for (my) Light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon (me)," because the glory of the manifest presence of Christ is within me! (Isaiah 60:1, fulfilled in John 17:22) In Jesus' name I pray. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May the Spirit of Christ abide with in you and shine through you everywhere in your world our Father sends you in the authority of the name of Jesus and the power and presence of His Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!